Popular culture is the ever changing opinion of people today. The different kinds of attitudes, behavioral patterns, beliefs, customs, and knowledge of people everywhere. Popular culture is constantly evolving and originates from the people. To simplify the definition, popular culture is beliefs that are excepted and liked by many people.
By studying popular culture I will find out more about myself. I will be forced to have my own opinions without any influence. I will interpret things differently than I would have if I found out the information from someone else, who has already made their own opinion. By going out and actively reading and analyzing information I will learn a lot. An important fact that I will have to keep in mind is that to be succesful I will have to respect what I'm reading and remember that everything has meaning. I will come to understand messages and act upon them. I will learn about the things that form our culture and why people do things they do.
Popular culture will help me move forward in my career and schooling. Science is a major part of my education and it is constantly changing and evolving. I will have to stay updated on all major discoveries. My career goal in life is to become a veternarian. Therefore I will constantly have to be learning and stay up to date with the culture. Most importantly I will become more aware of the cultural differences in my everyday surroundings.
The ideas in popular culture aren't always necessarily liked. For example, there are lots of people who are greatly offended by pornography, but it is still deeply ingrained in popular culture.
ReplyDelete