Monday, February 28, 2011

OSCARS 2011

It seems to me that the point of the OSCARS is to find out the current drama and to see what everyone is wearing. Who do you think was best dressed? The OSCARS should be about the movies and the hard work to put into them.

How come we never hear about all the little categories? I don't even know what half of them are. There are so many categories, yet we only hear about a couple. Usually Best Actor and Actress and Best Film. The most unusual category that I hadn't seen or heard of one single movie was short films. I didn't even know they existed.

Another thing I don't like about the OSCARS is that it is the same couple movies in each categories, why not change it up a bit. I doubt that those were the only good movies this year. I had only seen one of the popular movies, True Grit. I really liked it too, but I saw some other ones that I really liked also and they weren't even mentioned A couple of the other popular movies were King's Speech, Black Swan, Toy Story 3, Inception, 127 Hours, and The Fighter.

I heard there was some complaining about the hosting. How do you think Anne Hathaway and James Franco did? Personally I thought it could've been better, but I didn't think it was horrible.

2 comments:

  1. Did you get in on the kerfluffle surrounding Natalie Portman's dress? At the last minute she made a change because the designer of the dress she was going to wear made anti-Semitic comments. So she made a rather political decision to avoid wearing his dress. I thought it was very self-aware of her. She realized that the dress isn't just a garment, but an entire artistic means of communication itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually did not catch that. But I do think she made the right decision in changing dresses. The dress communicates who she is as a person. And if she were wearing a dress from someone who said things that she didn't believe than it would give the wrong picture of her.

    ReplyDelete