Thursday, April 28, 2011

Avalanche Tour 2011


On Tuesday April 26th, 2011 I attended the Avalanche Tour in Waterloo, IA at Mcelroy Auditorium. The rock bands that played in order were Art of Dying, Halestorm, Skillet, Theory of a Deadman, and Stone Sour. I was very excited to see Halestorm, Skillet, and Theory of a Deadman. They were by far the best of the night, in my opinion. 


I'm not your stereotypical rock fan by far. I did however wear a black shirt if that counts for anything. I don't smoke, drink, or have any weird piercing or tattoos. Although there were tons of people there who did. There was people smoking everywhere, I hate the smell of smoke by the way, and everyone was crazy. My boyfriend and I were up in the big mass of people during the three bands I mentioned before. There was tons of crowd surfing, some people tried starting a mash pit and failed, and people were packed in like sardines. I like my personal space, so standing really close to a stranger wasn't the best, but it was worth it and made my experience that much better. I guess what I'm trying to say is some stereotypes are true, but not all of them apply to everyone. I don't think the crowd ever got out of control to bad. I did receive an elbow in the face, but that's just going to happen when everyone has their hands in the air. 


I thought is was really nice of Skillet to dedicated their song HERO to the soldier that just passed away that was from the Waterloo area. Below their is a video of that song if you care to watch it. 


   

Skillet had an amazing performance. Best of the night! What I love most about this band is that they have violins! I love the sound of violins! Their song Awake and Alive is amazing and you can really hear the violins playing. Not all rock bands have electric guitars and drums. They have different instruments also.


I hate it when people push their way through to get to the front. At one moment at the concert a man in the wheel chair was asking people to move so he could go to the front. That was fine, but my complaint is why did ten of his friends have to go with him. I'm only five foot four and couldn't see well either. Why did they get to go to the front because their friend was in a wheel chair? Even so I understand it sucks for him being handicapped, but it wasn't fair that he got to go to the front and I couldn't. I couldn't see well either. That sounds really petty, but it is true. I know exactly what my father would say to me right now, "Life isn't fair".  Sometimes I believe that people abuse being handicapped. I know that is mean to say, but it is true. 


Below are some more videos of bands that played at the Avalanche Tour. I loved the concert, it was amazing! 


   

Halestorm- Its Not You, Theory of a Deadman- So Happy, Stone Sour- Through the Glass, and Art of Dying- Die Trying.      

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps instead of claiming that handicapped people "abuse being handicapped," you should live for a day in their shoes. My father is handicapped. I've heard people yell obscenities at him, tell him he isn't really handicapped, and all sorts of nonsense. A disabled person would trade places with you in a second. As you complain about getting an elbow to the face, how many elbows do you think the man in the wheelchair had to deal with?

    ReplyDelete